Thursday, December 18, 2008

Debut for the Holidays

Blast Glass Jewelry is up and showing. Great earrings, colorful, wild, fun, beyond trendy. Classy beaded necklaces - a bit victorian, a bit modern. Blast Glass Jewelry is my non-dichroic line of fused glass jewelry. I had a lot of fun playing with Wasser pre-cut glass pieces. Getting circles and curves is tedious with glass and Wasser has great pre-cut circles, heart-shapes and stars. Using these shapes freed up the effort so I could just have fun with shape and color. They free up the price also. I had specialized in dichroic glass, which is so expensive, worth it, but I wanted a less expensive line so people had the choice to spend less. Plus the line is totally different, its own entity - Blast Glass Jewelry.
I have had a long time love of polling so I invite everyone to be in my polls. I hope they are interesting and I am most interested in following our shared predicament. I think of it as 'mass mugging'. Just a few months ago I couldn't understand how people could default on paying on their credit card bills. Wow! Now I know! This is how: one by one each company sends little messages advising you of 'changes'. You have to write in to opt out. I am afraid to opt out. I feel they would flag me and punish me. And you hope maybe the change will be in your favor. And they change more than rates. They change policy. They yank the rug right out from under you. How about your balance remaining the same but every month your Minimum Payment Due goes higher and higher until you can't pay it! Where does that get them? I am willing to pay for the rest of my life but if they jack me around I can walk away. We have to understand their financial crisis and they get bailed out. We bail them out and then pay through our noses to keep them going. If we all walked away, together, we could take the power back and bring these money suckers down. The thought of killing myself to do the right thing while realizing the thought I can't get out of my mind that all my money for the rest of my life isn't a drop of fuel in someone's yacht. It is the greatest imbalance - they are WAY too important to me and I am not at all important to them. And they have sour grapes.
Blast Glass Jewelry, division of Vital Wonders

No comments: