Sunday, July 19, 2009

Discover Changes due date QUIETLY after 20 years? Surprize!

There is obviously no shame in the banking/credit card system.

What's new is - there is no floor. There is no shame. It is out and out robbery. First the banks set you up in their bill pay systems, all neat and easy. "Yeah, pay them [my bills] every month like clockwork, please." WHAT? Discover changed their due date a few months ago? After decades? Oh, look at the late fees and new interest charges. Had no idea. Stopped looking at the statements because they took away my credit, so who cares?

Really, who cares to pay on a credit card if there is no credit.

That wasn't my agreement when I signed on. I agreed to pay back said amounts, their rates, their schedule, their dates, and did it! How can they change the rules continually until they finally snag you, breaking you. How does anyone win that way? I have two discover cards, months ago I paid one off. I could have lived on that money a year, and not be hungry as hell now. But I paid them off and they repaid me by lowering my credit limit to $500.00! $500.00. From over 13,000.00 to 500.00. Because I paid it off? Why oh, why would I pay a dime more on the other huge amount I owe them on my other card if that is my reward for trying to repay? Two cards with no credit? Just money coming in - for them; no money for me, only unreasonable amounts going out. That is not what I signed up for. It wasn't the agreement we had. HOW CAN THEY CHANGE THE LENDING RULES AFTER THE MONEY IS LENT? This isn't the Mofia is it? Is it? [did they take over?] "Yeah, I lent you 10 grand, now I want 10% interest compounded daily, maybe a few times a day; now I want 20%, 29.9%, 34%,... whatever I want! Hey I want $100.00 a month in payment; Oh, you are paying? - now I want $250.00 a month, $300.00, $450.00, 650.00 a month, hey why not? I guess I can, NO ONE IS STOPPING ME!" "Yeah, hey [CitiBank weighing in], now I want the money 5 days earlier, now I want it 4 days earlier than that, hey I want it different times every month - to keep you on your toes! I don't want you getting used to paying, I am gonna zing you every month so you have to read our demanding, life threatening statements every month without fail!! We rule! We rule! WE RULE THE WORLD! And do not forget, WE LOVE OUR LIFELONG SLAVES!"

Discover Card told me today they jerked around my due date because - Congress made them do it. Congress put unfair demands on them so they were forced to pass it on to us.

No comments: