Thursday, September 10, 2009

R & D


It is R & D time. I now have the time to develop my new ideas and try some experimenting - with web building as much as jewelry designing.


I am constantly tweaking my two websites www.vitalwonders.com and www.iluvjewelry.com trying to make them more concise, visually attractive, more interesting and mostly likable to the search engine robots.


I have been firing up the kiln making new dichroic pieces, working on long oval pendants with added dichroic accents mimicking gems adding patterns, intensity and depth. Whether they are teardrop shaped, a long oval, figure eights, elongated rectangle or freeform shape; I love the look of vertical lines projecting upward and downward - from Mother Earth to the Heavens. Representing, to me, the aspiration of our dreams grounded in the flesh of the Earth. Each pendant has its hills and dales, hidden gems, surprising colors and complexity of patterns. I also like how they rest on the breastbone over the heart area.


I am also making small dichroic pieces for smaller earrings, posts and hanging; and for multiple dichroic drops on a choker for a charmed look. I have some fabulous ideas I am working on for some embellished cloth and woven necklaces. I am looking forward to the Fall for gathering ideas and snookering them away to work on during the long winter.

No comments: